Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

never make someone a priority. you are always just an option.

Yeah, everybody knows the saying "never make someone a priority when you're only an option," but what nobody seems to know is that you are always just an option. Think about it. There's never only one choice; there's always another way. It seems so obvious to me but apparently it's not.

Love (noun): an illusion used to lure people into thinking that another human being is actually capable of truly caring about another human being

Obviously that's not the actual definition, but in reality- it should be. We all search to find love because it makes us feel important. Being cared for makes you feel like you are actually worth something. Love means being the priority. 

There's a definite difference in being the first option and the first priority. Being the first option means you could be the 9 millionth priority, but out of all the other options for the 9 millionth priority- you're the best choice. Being the first priority means you hold the most importance over everything. I feel like no one is anyone's priority. I'm not even my own first priority. I put more importance on everybody else's well being than my own happiness. Any day. That's just who I am and as much as I wish I was different- I'm not. I usually end up disappointed but everyone else gets their way.

You'd think that by now I'd be used to being just an option and you'd think that by now I'd know I will never be a priority, but nothing ever changes. The distinction between priority and option seems to be a life lesson that nobody will ever grasp. It's one of those things that we try and convince ourselves does not actually exist, but it does. Like the fact that we hire people based on looks. I mean come on let's be honest, you'd hire an attractive person over an ugly one any day. As much as we try and convince ourselves that this doesn't actually happen- it does.

So my whole point to this is that as human beings, we are not capable of actually fully loving someone and making them our priority. We have short attention spans and get distracted easily. We always have other options. Never make any one your priority because I promise you, you won't be theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment